Dan Fogelberg tribute album

Talk about everything Michael...

Dan Fogelberg tribute album

Postby prenatt1166 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:04 pm

On Dan Fogelberg's site, there is a picture of Michael McDonald at a recording session with a short mention of an upcoming tribute album to Fogelberg. Nobert Putnam mentions Garth Brooks, Donna Summer and Zac Brown as participants, but not Michael. SEE PAGE 4 Does anybody have any other information?
prenatt1166

Re: Dan Fogelberg tribute album

Postby suebob on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Thank you for finding the information prenatt1166. I haven't seen any new info about the album so far. I'm guessing that is not the complete list of performers mentioned in the article. There may be others added later, including Michael. Another thought is that maybe he is working on keyboards for the album, although I would prefer to hear him sing of course :) . If his picture is still at the Dan Fogelberg website, then there is a good chance Michael's contribution will make it to the finished album. I would love to know what Fogelberg song he worked on.

suebob

Postby mikesippie on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:14 am

I did some reaserch and found out Michael is on the upcoming CD. The producer said he was hoping all the session work would be completed by summers end. Each artist picked what Folgerburg song they wanted to record. No mention of what Michael did. I guess we can hope for late fall or early 2012 date. Being mike was on the piano, hopefully it is a piano and vocal track only to showcase his vocal and piano playing. Maybe we get 2 CD's with Mike on it. Hopefully the duo CD w/ Robben Ford peaks its head out soon and maybe this project. I am itchen for some new Michael McDonald tracks...Mike Sippie :D :D :D
mikesippie

Postby Mary L on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Great to hear that Michael is on this CD. I loved Dan Fogelberg's music and I hope that Michael sings one of my favorite songs. Thanks for the info.
Mary L

Postby prenatt1166 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:57 am

No news yet on song titles or release date, but I found three more acts who have contributed to Dan Fogelberg's tribute album.

Randy Owen, Joe Walsh and Don Henley join Garth Brooks, Zac Brown, Donna Summer and of course, Michael McDonald.
prenatt1166

Return to General Discussion